Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First Day of School: Part 1


Today Korah and Taylor started school. Fifth and third grades! Tomorrow Morgen starts Kindergarten, and at the end of the month, Micah starts preschool. Phew! I think about that (four kids in school, having a 5th grader, etc) and take a good, honest look at how I feel and..... I'm excited! I really love where we're at. I don't feel like time is flying by, or like I'm getting old. I am really enjoying walking through life with my kids, even though I often feel like I'm playing catch-up. To be really honest, I'm really looking forward to the end of the story: where we all meet Jesus at his house for a big bar-b-que, and Jesus has a huge trampoline. And a swimming hole. So I know that every year is one year closer to that, but that when I get there, I'm gonna want to thank Him for all the good times we had getting there! That's what keeps me in the moment, memorizing the heck out of everything in sight, not taking anything for granted... as much as I can, at least.


Tonight I'm going to read this to my children. I think it's wonderful advise, and lines up with how we encourage our kids to approach life. I think it's great to bring the President into our family conversation once in a while, and recognize that he is talking to the little people (literally!) that he is responsible for leading. Kids need to know that they are valuable citizens too! I'm usually not abreast of daily headlines, but I heard a rumor that there was a lot of hype about this speech. I don't get it. Since this here is my very own platform, I'll say it: extremists are nut-jobs. If you think Obama's the Anti-christ, or if you think he's God...you should just chill out. Use your own noggin to think and act on issues as they come, but I think when all's said and done, we probably ought to find ourselves somewhere in the middle. If the government's supposed to be a balance of parties, 'somewhere in the middle' just makes sense.

Happy First Weeks of School everyone!

No comments: