Monday, December 13, 2010

Karma Bites Back And It Tastes Like Chocolate

The backstory:

Last night I went grocery shopping after the kids went to bed.  I got home late and tired so I threw the cold stuff in the fridge and went to sleep.  This morning, I had to drag myself out of bed at the crack of dawn to take the dog to get neutered.  Then I meet Dave at school, we switch cars, he goes to work and I go home...

I'm in one of those snobby-mom moods (you probably don't know what I'm talking about because I'm the only one who has these, I'm sure) and I'm realizing I had some helpers putting away the rest of the groceries this morning while I was away, and they obviously weren't aware of my brilliant master plans on how such things are done to maximize efficiency, stewardship and space conservation!  The Control Freak Locomotive has leaped the tracks!

And this is the thought that grumbles out of my mouth:
"No one does my job right."
Since my thoughts are synonymous with Facebook status updates I immediately drop what I'm doing and head to the computer to immortalize my bitter narcissism.  Facebook, my computer, or maybe God himself thinks this is a bad idea and saves me from myself; it won't post.  So I get up, turn around and take 3 steps to the kitchen to find this:



And then he started to rub his eyes... as I type this, it's still oozing out of his nose and tear ducts...


It looks like I don't do my job that well, either!

Keepin' it real,
Wendy

9 comments:

Jen Gray said...

Oh My. Oh my oh my oh my. Giggle. Snort. Siiiiigh.

Laura Mo said...

I am laughing so hard right now!!!! I know what my "mom" response would have been and it would not have been to grab the camera. So freaking hilarious!!!

Kristin @ Meanbean said...

M and I read this together...so funny!!! Your little man is so adorable, and we both laughed so hard. These moments happen to the best of us - you ROCK at your job, mama. Don't you forget it. <3

Sarah said...

dude. ha! good job getting the camera.

Deb said...

Ahhh...Yes, no one else can do your job! Photo bloggin' mama of a funny little chocolate man.

Love it.

chaundra Anderson said...

I love it! Funny and moving. Thanks W for sharing...

domestic bias said...

laughing out loud which is rare...you are wonderful! Thanks for sharing...

Michele @ Frugal Granola said...

Oh, I'm laughing- but I wouldn't be if it was my kid & my chocolate! :) We had an incident like that last night- but with white-out. *sigh*

He's so cute! :)

Michele

les said...

wow.