Monday, November 2, 2009

Field Trips

After scurrying around dropping kids off for school, I hopped the MAX just in time to join Taylor's 3rd grade class on their field trip downtown to the PSU farmer's market.

Abe was there.

My favorite thing on field trips is to take pictures of the class as they're listening to the host or a tour guide, and later checking out their expressions. I'll take several pictures and it's amusing to see who is consistantly not paying attention at all, who is nerdily answering all the "who knows..." questions, who is completely bored, distracted, surprised, contemplative. Kids just let it all hang out; I love it.

This was the Chinook dude who had been fishing in Hood River since the wee hours of the morning until it was time to drive up here to sell his catch. They were unloading his van as we arrived.

Lord have mercy, cut me a piece of that and I'll eat it right here and now. Mmmmm...

Taylor brought a few dollars of his own that he carefully spent on: this delicious white peach...

...and the ever-coveted honey stick.

What is it with the honey sticks? They are crazy about them. Crazy, I tell you. As if eight-year-old boys aren't crazy enough.

And then there was this chubby ball of fleece, my little tag-a-long.

1 comment:

SarahD said...

You're such a cool mom! I'm taking notes from you for my 'someday' :-)